Friday, February 22, 2013

Sisters

In my experience, my relationship with my sister has been beautiful. I love having a sister, and I get the privilege right now of walking with her as she becomes a mother. We have shared a lot of life together and God has blessed us with a closeness that I cannot imagine living without. I am also so thankful that I have been blessed with two daughters. This morning as I was getting ready to take my 5 year old to school, I overheard her and her 18 month old sister playing on her bed. I was trying to make out what they were saying and I heard from #2, "More make up! More make up!" I peeked in to see what they were doing, and saw #1 putting pretend blush from an old sample compact I gave to her on #2 as she roared with laughter because it tickled her. I reflected on how precious this was, and also how, in about 10 years from now, I might see the very same picture, only this time, using the real deal, and with two girls who are in their teenage years. I can only hope and pray that as they grow, that the bond they are creating and their friendship as sisters will grow and deepen. I wished I could have taken a snapshot of them, but you know how that goes. The moment you try to take a picture, they stop what they are doing. So I took a snapshot in my mind and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment