Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music to My Ears, Or Something Like That

I've tried potty training several times with my little one with very little success. This past weekend seemed like a good time to try again. With some brand new Gerber panties ready and lots of Clorox wipes on hand for accidents, and of course the M 'n' M's as the reward, we ventured into new territory, this time with great success! To my surprise, it's not been as hard as I had anticipated. You know it's all about the reward in the end, and she never lets me forget that!

I have been a bit anxious about taking her to public restrooms however, but with some encouragement from a friend, I armed myself with lots of hand sanitizer. I was fine with her touching the toilet seat if she had to keep herself from falling in, (Lord help me...) but wasn't prepared for when she not only touched the seat but then proceeded to touch her face and wipe her eyes. In that moment I was doing all I could to be encouraging while cringing inside at the very thought of how many nasties per square millimeter my daughter had just transferred from the public toilet to her sweet little face. (And how many of them would then transfer to me when she held on to me as I helped her off.) Thank the Good Lord for Wet Ones!

She is doing such a good job though, and this is what was heard around our home today...

Sweet Pea: "Momeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, look mommeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Mommy: "What sweetie?" (as I walk into the bathroom)
Sweet Pea: "Look Mommy! I got poopie in the potty!"
Mommy: "Oh wow! Yes you did! Good job, Sweet Pea!"

Yes, this is music to my ears...Oh the joys of potty training! I love how she is so proud of where she put her number 2. And I am so proud of her 2 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment