Monday, August 2, 2010
Mommy Self Care...On A Budget
Times are tight around our household...they have been for a while. So, I have to get creative when I recognize that it is time for some good self care. I am generally pretty frugal, use coupons, try to stay somewhere close to our budget, and do my best to make do with what we have. Then there are the times when I just need a little pick-me-up. Sometimes it's a new brand of shampoo or a pint of my favorite ice cream. Other times it's a pedicure, a good conversation with a friend, or getting outside in the fresh air. It's mostly about being able to take time for myself. My family has their needs and I do what I can to meet them, but I know I am not at my best with them when I don't take care of myself. What kinds of things do you for self-care?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh this is so hard! To give ourselves stuff when we don't have the money for it. My favorite thing to do for self-care lately has been just to get away by myself!! That has been a huge booster for me and hasn't really taken money. Just my husband taking my daughter and me going free. :-)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I just get away.. to Starbucks or even just my bedroom. I find that if I'm not getting some time to myself during the day, I really suffer and as a result, everyone else suffers too.
ReplyDelete