Saturday, March 13, 2010
Intuition
Intuition is very helpful in my work, but I need to be more trusting of it in my personal life. I think God uses it pretty regularly in my life to let me know that something is on the way or to keep from doing something, etc. Yesterday morning I was getting ready to take my daughter to the park. The night before, I thought that it would be great to invite some other moms and their kids to join us. For some reason (insert intuition) I did not send out an email to invite them. I waited until morning and thought again that I should send out an email. But again (intuition) I did not. I then realized that my hesitation was my intuition talking, that maybe someone was going to invite us to do something... Well, no invitations came, and against intuition, I sent an email and invited a few friends. As it would happen, no one was able to come, or got the email too late. So, we packed up and headed to the park anyway...a park we almost never go to, but the one the seemed like the right one to visit that day. We arrived, sunscreen and all, and in one of those moments in which I can label anything but coincidence, we happened upon a few lovely friends from a breastfeeding group-turned-mommies' group that we haven't seen in nearly a year! Just as I was reconnecting with them, two other friends from the same group came by! It just so happened that they had planned to meet together on a whim just around the same time we had planned! It turned out to be a lovely 2.5 hours in the park with some sweet ladies and their kids. I found myself stepping back for a moment and saying to myself (and to God) "Aha! I get it!." I'm not one to credit everything little thing to God that happens...I actually probably under-credit God...but I believe God knew that my spirit would be lifted by being with these women yesterday at that time and in that place (and the abundant sunshine certainly didn't hurt either)! I left feeling blessed, known, cared for and loved in that experience by God...He knew just what I needed and chose to meet it in an unexpected way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the more we acknowledge those moments, the more we begin to notice them!
ReplyDelete